Recently reliving Helensvale Haus though the wonderful eyes of Lucy Glade-Wright of Hunting For George, had us dark with envy 🖤
It reminded us of the bold commitment to an all-black kitchen and dark bathrooms and the contrast it creates against the bright open plan living and private sleeping spaces that overlook and connect to a lush, hidden central courtyard. We love seeing how the home has evolved since handover, and we're a little jealous.
"The Helensvale Haus is a new build that centres around privacy. The architect wanted to position the building at the front of the block to create more room for the home to be centralised around the garden, helping to create a sense of privacy when outdoors. 🎋 Also helping with privacy is the perimeter of bamboo that surrounds the block, sheltering from its neighbours. This clever positioning of the building also helps to create a larger feeling of space as the outdoor areas flow into the interior and as the courtyard is hidden from neighbours you don’t feel closed in. 🖤"
See the full tour on Hunting for George
- Our Story: Mitchelton Haus — All About Sparking Joy
- Interview: Dewar Terrace Haus with Lachlan
- Happy Haus Life: Henson Haus - Single-level living
- Feature: Helensvale Haus – Hunting for George
- Sustainability in building practices
- The Happy Haus approach to designing
- Our Story: Miami Haus – Knockdown Rebuild
- Our Story: Holland Park West Haus – Work-life balance
- Our Story: South Stradbroke Haus – Pavilion-style haus